Journal Basic Info

  • Impact Factor: 1.995**
  • H-Index: 8
  • ISSN: 2474-1647
  • DOI: 10.25107/2474-1647
**Impact Factor calculated based on Google Scholar Citations. Please contact us for any more details.

Major Scope

  •  Orthopaedic Surgery
  •  Obstetrics Surgery
  •  Bariatric Surgery
  •  Cardiovascular Surgery
  •  Minimally Invasive Surgery
  •  Endocrine Surgery
  •  Pediatric Surgery
  •  General Surgery

Abstract

Citation: Clin Surg. 2021;6(1):3048.Review Article | Open Access

The Advantages of Perioperative Nursing Assistance for a Patient Subject to Intervention of “Awake Craniotomy”

Vitale Elsa1 *, Della Pietà Cosimo2 , Gualano Attilio3 , Patrono Federica4 and Germini Francesco2

1 Department of Mental Health, Local Health Authority Bari, Italy 2 Local Health Authority Bari, Italy 3 SS. Annunziata Hospital, Local Health Authority Taranto, Italy 4 University of Bari, Italy

*Correspondance to: Vitale Elsa 

 PDF  Full Text DOI: 10.25107/2474-1647.3048

Abstract

The craniotomy is an opening of the skull cap, that is of the bone, until it reaches the brain parenchyma within which trocars, or very small instruments, will be inserted, which, with the aid of the microscope will be useful for removal of the excess tumor mass. In the preoperative period, after having performed a meticulous trichotomy, the area undergoing surgery will be indicated with signs. In order to demonstrate the advantages of perioperative nursing care for the patient undergoing awake craniotomy, it was decided to administer an ad hoc structured questionnaire with targeted questions to the nursing staff of the Local Health Company of Taranto. The questionnaires administered were 150, a sample of subjects belonging to the surgical branches was chosen. Only 53% of nurses decided to contribute to research, while the remaining 47% decided not. The nurse will recognize himself as a person and not only as a professional, he will rediscover his importance as an educator and above all he will begin to take into consideration those psychological skills that are attributed to him by his professional profile and code of ethics, which for a long time, in the era of digitization and technology, have been pushed aside.

Keywords

Awake Craniotomy; Perioperative Nursing; Meticulous trichotomy

Cite the article

Elsa V, Cosimo DP, Attilio G, Federica P, Francesco G. The Advantages of Perioperative Nursing Assistance for a Patient Subject to Intervention of “Awake Craniotomy”. Clin Surg. 2021; 6: 3048.

Search Our Journal

Journal Indexed In

Articles in PubMed

Voice Outcomes in Laryngotracheal Stenosis: Impact of the Montgomery T-tube
 PubMed  PMC  PDF  Full Text
Monitoring an Ongoing Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) Program: Adherence Improves Clinical Outcomes in a Comparison of Three Thousand Colorectal Cases
 PubMed  PMC  PDF  Full Text
View More...

Articles with Grants

Reduced Early Urinary Output Volume of Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery Correlates with the Durations of Hospitalization and Ventilation
 Abstract  PDF  Full Text
Delta Neutrophil Index and Symptomatic Time are Effective Factors for Predicting Perforated Appendicitis
 Abstract  PDF  Full Text
View More...