Journal Basic Info

  • Impact Factor: 1.995**
  • H-Index: 8
  • ISSN: 2474-1647
  • DOI: 10.25107/2474-1647
**Impact Factor calculated based on Google Scholar Citations. Please contact us for any more details.

Major Scope

  •  Thoracic Surgery
  •  Emergency Surgery
  •  Breast Surgery
  •  Gynecological Surgery
  •  Urology
  •  Colon and Rectal Surgery
  •  Orthopaedic Surgery
  •  Vascular Surgery

Abstract

Citation: Clin Surg. 2018;3(1):2256.Research Article | Open Access

Transplantation and Dialysis: Recording of Transplanted Patients Who Re-Enter in Their Hemodialysis or Peritoneal Dialysis Hospitalization Units

Marilena G Koukou, Vassilios E Smyrniotis, Eirini I Grapsa and Nikolaos F Arkadopoulos

Department of Medicine, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Department of Surgery, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Department of Nephrology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece

*Correspondance to: Marilena G Koukou 

 PDF  Full Text DOI: 10.25107/2474-1647.2256

Abstract

Objective: In the present study, we evaluated the rate of discharges of patients who had been enrolled in a type of dialysis and had re-engaged by measuring other factors, during the years 2013-2015.Methods: We recorded the characteristics of 2.586 HD and 100 PD patients who, in some point of their life, been transplanted and needed to re-entry their hospitalization units. We compared these data with others retrieved from researches across countries of both inside and outside the European Union.Results: The mean patient age of our specimen was 68.7 ± 14.1 years, with the percentage of female gender at 36.3% (938), while the remaining 63.7% (1.648) are men. Most common ESRD cause was diabetes (32% for PD and 24% for HD patients). Employed PD patients were 35% vs. 4% of HD (p<0,001), with almost 61% (1.005) of men not smokers, while the women have a similar 79.1%.Conclusion: Although Greece has one of the smallest graft rejection rates, it does not cease to have the smallest rates of transplantation both in the rest of Europe and beyond.

Keywords

Hemodialysis; Peritoneal dialysis; Transplantation

Cite the article

Koukou MG, Smyrniotis VE, Grapsa EI, Arkadopoulos NF. Transplantation and Dialysis: Recording of Transplanted Patients Who Re-Enter in Their Hemodialysis or Peritoneal Dialysis Hospitalization Units. Clin Surg. 2018; 3: 2256.

Search Our Journal

Journal Indexed In

Articles in PubMed

Automated Sagittal Craniosynostosis Classification from CT Images Using Transfer Learning
 PubMed  PMC  PDF  Full Text
RAF Kinase Inhibitory Protein Expression and Phosphorylation Profiles in Oral Cancers
 PubMed  PMC  PDF  Full Text
View More...

Articles with Grants

The Effect of Foot Reflexology on the Time of Full Consciousness Recovery and Weaning from Mechanical Ventilation in Patients with Brain Tumor after Craniotomy
 Abstract  PDF  Full Text
Thirty Days of Home Blood Pressure Monitoring in Patients Following Carotid Endarterectomy: A Feasibility Study
 Abstract  PDF  Full Text
View More...